Deployment Workflows for Standardized Software Installation.
Deployment Workflows are used for defining the process of your software installation and are a core function of managing a software deployment. Automating software deployments require that you define the logic and checklist needed to perform the software installation across hundreds of endpoints. Endpoints could include physical servers, cloud environments, virtual environments or containers. DeployHub uses an agentless technology combined with software installation workflow steps to get the job done.
DeployHub uses deployment Workflows with Actions and Procedures to define the unique installation logic for your application or for each component of your application. Software deployment workflows are designed to support low level calls for performing application installation steps including updates to a database or changes to a router. Workflows and their corresponding Actions can be defined individually by each development team, or they have reusable Actions or Workflows to share across teams.
Encourages Reuse in Software Installation
DeployHub provides standardized software installation Pre-Built shareable Actions that serve as the method for controlling every aspect of your software deployment. The installation workflow can be called by your continuous delivery process. Actions are executed before, during, and after a deployment step and can include standardized methods for deploying to a Web Server, updating a Database or any process that needs to be repeated in a consistent way across the enterprise. Actions can be defined at the highest Application level or at the lower Component Items. Actions defined to a software deployment may include prerequisites such as checking for available disk space or the presence of directories.
Actions at the Component level could include starting or stopping a WebSphere Server. An action at the lowest level, a Component Item, could execute steps for that particular file or item.
Software Installation Playbooks and Plug-ins
DeployHub allows you to leverage Playbooks and Plugins to create the standardization and reuse required for fully automating your software deployments, designed specifically for the needs of the enterprise. You can import your existing scripts to be used as Actions or even use Ansible Galaxy Roles for performing infrastructure configuration management steps.
By abstracting the complexities associated with software deployments using Actions, DeployHub enables you to quickly and easily define software deployment workflows that can be reused from development through production. Workflows are a collection of Actions that define an Application installation. The Workflow contains the logical order to perform the software delivery and can be tracked and reported upon from a centralized location. DeployHub allows development teams to share their Workflows creating a high-level of reuse and deployment consistency across teams and the enterprise.
DeployHub’s Key Features
- Blueprint your application’s logical view
- Publish and Catalog Microservices
- Version Microservice Configurations
- Release and Track Microservices
- Manage Database Deployments
- Continuous Deployment Blogs
- Understanding a Microservice Pipeline
- Microservice Continuous Integration – Where’s the Build?
- Working with Helm for your Microservices Releases
- Kubernetes Pipeline Challenges
- Managing Embedded Configurations
- Questions and Answers on managing a K8s Pipeline
- Running Safe Blue / Green Deployments
- The DeployHub Jenkins Plug-in
- Setting Up the Jenkins Plug-in
- The DeployHub CircleCI Orb
- Creating a Continuous Feedback Loop
- Release Agents – the Enemy of Continuous Deployments
- DeployHubs Release Architecture
- Why we need Application Packages for CD
- Agentless Deployments with DeployHub’s Engine
- Version Jumps and Tracking
- Blogs on Microservice Configuration Management