DevOps Continuous Feedback Loop Solidifies Continuous Deployments
Continuous feedback tells the full DevOps story. Imagine a DevOps practice that allows a continuous deployment process to automatically install code updates from development to production. In addition, it does so with zero touches, and connects a user story to an endpoint target.
As a result, anyone from your agile DevOps team can see the root cause of a production error, analyze a potential deployment problem, or plan for a developer release. This is the promise of collaborative, continuous feedback built into your continuous deployment automation.
Success with agile DevOps requires all players, from development through production, to be part of the conversation, or best yet on the same team. As development teams take on more of the deployment responsibility, a high level of trust must be established with operations. Therefore, automating alone will not achieve the results needed. Transparency and a clear DevOps continuous feedback loop is required for involving all in the process. This allows development teams to take on the management of deployments across the pipeline with the full confidence of operations.
- Developers and Testers must give operations continuous feedback. The feedback must include more DevOps insight into how their application is assembled. In addition, the required infrastructure configurations must be coordinated early and often.
- Operation teams should have confidence that developers are increasing the rate of deployments in order to reduce risk. Therefore, confidence and trust must be built with transparency. Ultimately, trust is what allows the development teams to take on more deployment responsibility leading to full continuous deployments.
- Projects leads need to view all applications in a release train as a composite provides the big picture to understand the impact to an environment.
In conclusion, taking control starts with understanding that shifting responsibilities, shared transparency and improved automation are fundamental to your continuous delivery goals. Collaboration and continuous feedback allows you to take control. DeployHub Pro includes many reports that create the transparency, including a continuous feedback loop that maps your code commit to the deployed endpoints. DeployHub open source provides a similar Loop starting at the Build Job.
Continuous Feedback Loop
Start your continuous deployment journey incrementally, one small success at a time.
Facilitate Agile through Collaboration
DeployHub balances deployment responsibilities between teams. Therefore it allows each to manage their realm, while collaborating and sharing knowledge across the pipeline. This collaboration helps to unblock the flow of code changes into production.
Hence, all users, developers, testers and site reliability engineers, can ‘subscribe’ to an Application to stay in informed with no guesswork. Subscribing provides a ‘social networking’ experience for monitoring updates to the application, objects or server. The ‘feed’ is presented in a timeline format that notifies subscribers about all activities, including new versions, changes and deployments, across the continuous delivery pipeline.
In addition, DeployHub’s built-in collaboration features encourage discussions across the pipeline, eliminating waterfall habits and facilitating a practice where everyone is a part of the agile team.
Exactly the across the board shift in thinking needed for the DevOps revolution to take hold.
Is it time to share?
DeployHub’s Key Features
- Blueprint your application’s logical view
- Publish and Catalog Microservices
- Version Microservice Configurations
- Release and Track Microservices
- Manage Database Deployments
- Continuous Deployment Blogs
- Understanding a Microservice Pipeline
- Microservice Continuous Integration – Where’s the Build?
- Working with Helm for your Microservices Releases
- Kubernetes Pipeline Challenges
- Managing Embedded Configurations
- Questions and Answers on managing a K8s Pipeline
- Running Safe Blue / Green Deployments
- The DeployHub Jenkins Plug-in
- Setting Up the Jenkins Plug-in
- The DeployHub CircleCI Orb
- Creating a Continuous Feedback Loop
- Release Agents – the Enemy of Continuous Deployments
- DeployHubs Release Architecture
- Why we need Application Packages for CD
- Agentless Deployments with DeployHub’s Engine
- Version Jumps and Tracking
- Blogs on Microservice Configuration Management