Setting up DeployHub
Configuring your Deployment can be simplified if you define your deployments attributes in a specific order as follows:
- Define your Domain. As a SaaS user, your high-level Domain, and your Pipeline Stages, are automatically created. If you are using a on-premise version, you need to first create your Domain, and define your Pipeline Stages. To get started, you only need one Life Cycle Stage in your Pipeline.
- Define your Credentials. If you are going to access a Repository or Data Source, you need to specify the Credentials. In addition, the recipient Endpoints will need security Credentials.
- Define your Repository. It is best to define your Repository before you begin defining your Component Items.
- Define your Component Base Version. Create your Components before defining your software Application Eventually, you’ll want to create custom Actions and Procedures.
- Define your Application. Use a Blueprint Designer to add Components to your Application.
- Define your Environment and Endpoints. This will define where you are sending the Application.
- Define Data Sources, Notifiers. As your deployments become more sophisticated, create email notifications or bring in external database data for your deployment processing.
- Build your Continuous Delivery Pipeline with Life Cycle Sub-Domains and Tasks.
The following Chapters will help you through this process.