The Ortelius Ambassador Program is a new, diverse and welcoming international community of both novices and professionals who want to improve, contribute, and to the success of microservices.
Ortelius maps microservice configurations with their relationships to the applications that use them using a Domain Driven Design (DDD). These microservice configurations are cataloged, versioned and tracked enhancing their reuse across teams.
Microservices break up an application as we know it. Ortelius puts it back together in a logical view that can be tracked and versioned over time. In the process, Ortelius creates an ‘internal’ marketplace of microservices with deployment data. This can be shared easily across teams based on Domains, making reuse easy.
- Automated relationship mapping saves 1-2 hours of manual work per week for every development team
- Microservice sharing reduces redundant coding by up to 50% and creates a flexible and dynamic ecosystem
- Visibility gives Site Reliability Engineers the knowledge of what’s going on and the ability to make data-driven decisions quickly
- The delivery pipeline is evolved to support microservices without a costly re-design
Who are the Ortelius Ambassadors?
The Ortelius Ambassador Program is a network of passionate community leaders, developers, and Meetup hosts & organizers from all over the globe. These volunteers are committed to improving and simplifying microservices for everyone facing the big shift in software configuration management. These Ambassadors work with their local communities with skills, education and support in CI/CD. They include: industry influencers, enterprise practitioners, consultants, bloggers, analysts, advocates, community builders, local event organizers and evangelists.
How will Ortelius Ambassadors like you be involved?
Ortelius Ambassadors will oversee the Github OSS project, welcoming new members, as well as:
- Being the Community Go-To resource for people interested in Ortelius
- Help users learn more about simplifying microservices with Ortelius
- Manage and respond to pull requests, questions, & suggestions on Github.
Ortelius Ambassador Project Manager: Steve Taylor
Steve Taylor is a visionary and industry leader in the area of microservices, Istio, Kubernetes, DevOps process improvement, software build and release, and configuration management. Steve was designing continuous delivery pipelines for Fortune 1000 companies before the term ‘continuous integration’ was ever used. Steve is the architect of DeployHub, the first microservice management platform that also versions and maps microservices and their configurations. He is also the mastermind behind OpenMake Meister, a build automation solution that has served its customers for over 20 years.
In his free time, Steve is the Fire Chief of his local Volunteer fire department, plays hockey, builds houses and hangs out with his 4 dogs on his ranch in New Mexico.
Technology Oversight Committee (TOC)
- Michael Galloway – Senior Engineering Manager, Netflix
- Tara Hernandez – Google, Sr. Engineering Manager, CDF TOC
- Christopher William Palmer – End User, Unisys
- Hank Hendrickson – Open Source Community, BP
- Phil Gibbs – Open Source Community, OpenMake Software
- Tim Kelton – Descartes Labs, Co-founder
- Doug Orr – Sr. Engineering Director, Google (retired)
- Bill Portelli – Former Collabnet CEO, CEO Quest, Board Advisor
I hope you’re interested in finding out more because we’d love to work with you. Do you have a specific area that you’d like to focus on? Let us know. Let’s do this! So please, contact us with any questions, suggestions, or to accept the invitation to become an Ortelius Ambassador.
Regardless of your experience level – Ortelius welcomes and thanks you. Please join the growing open source community.
DeployHub Key Features
- A Microservice Service Catalog for Incident Response
- Domain Driven Design Catalog to Tame Microservice Sprawl
- Ship Microservices Safely – Know Your Blast Radius
- Simplifying Microservice Applications
- Microservice Configuration Management
- Database Updates Pushed Across Your CD Pipeline
Meet the Co-Founders
- Register for DeployHub Team
- Reverse Proxy Setup for SaaS Deployments
- DeployHub Team User Guide
- The Hipster Store Tutorial
- DeployHub Newsletter