Salesforce Deployment Managed by Continuous Delivery
Salesforce Deployments can be a bit tricky with one-off scripts. We have customers using DeployHub who want to include updates to Salesforce as part of their continuous deployment, driven by continuous delivery.
Salesforce provides an Ant Toolkit that helps you call the deployment process. We use their Ant Jar as part of the solution. Our DeployHub process allows the deployment to adapt across the pipeline. No static references to environments are kept in the script.
The Salesforce Ant Jar should be copied into the Ant Library directory so the salesforce task is picked up. The following properties are required: User Name, Password, Server URL and Test Level.
<property="sf.username" value="myusername" /> <property="sf.password" value="mypassword" /> <property="sf.serverurl" value="https://test.salesforce.com" /> <property="sf.testlevel" value="RunLocalTests" />
DeployHub enables this deployment to be extended across the Continuous Delivery Pipeline without the need to create another build.xml or a build.properties.
DeployHub Key Features
- A Microservice Service Catalog for Incident Response
- Domain Driven Design Catalog to Tame Microservice Sprawl
- Ship Microservices Safely – Know Your Blast Radius
- Simplifying Microservice Applications
- Microservice Configuration Management
- Database Updates Pushed Across Your CD Pipeline
Meet the Co-Founders
- Register for DeployHub Team
- Reverse Proxy Setup for SaaS Deployments
- DeployHub Team User Guide
- The Hipster Store Tutorial
- DeployHub Newsletter