Scaling Jenkins Issues? Meet DeployHub’s New Plugin
I’ve had several people ask me how DeployHub scales Jenkins to support a deployment for thousands of endpoints. This question is mostly important to environments that do not want to rely on Jenkin’s slaves, have thousands of endpoints in a software deployments, and have had difficulty implementing continuous deploy. This question also comes up around distributed build workflows where the steps are sent across slaves. Both DeployHub and Meister can help scale a Jenkins distributed workflow using their plugin.
Agentless Makes it Easy
First, Jenkins can call DeployHub, which is agentless. Therefore, with us, when you perform a software deployment, there is no need to install agents on every endpoint, virtual machine, or container. Jenkins executes then continuous delivery processes. And instead of executing a one-off deploy script, DeployHub manages the low level logic of the deployment and infrastructure configuration management. It also performs the delivery and then reports back all critical information.
Because we wanted to get down to the real numbers, we did some heavy stress testing around large continuous deploy tasks. Check out the whitepaper for the results. This also addresses how to connect DeployHub to Jenkins in order to off load the heavy lifting from the CI Server. And yes, this is done WITHOUT AGENTS! No proper software deployment (ARA) solution should use agents at this point – don’t you agree?
DeployHub’s Key Features
- Blueprint your application’s logical view
- Publish and Catalog Microservices
- Version Microservice Configurations
- Release and Track Microservices
- Manage Database Deployments
- Continuous Deployment Blogs
- Understanding a Microservice Pipeline
- Microservice Continuous Integration – Where’s the Build?
- Working with Helm for your Microservices Releases
- Kubernetes Pipeline Challenges
- Managing Embedded Configurations
- Questions and Answers on managing a K8s Pipeline
- Running Safe Blue / Green Deployments
- The DeployHub Jenkins Plug-in
- Setting Up the Jenkins Plug-in
- The DeployHub CircleCI Orb
- Creating a Continuous Feedback Loop
- Release Agents – the Enemy of Continuous Deployments
- DeployHubs Release Architecture
- Why we need Application Packages for CD
- Agentless Deployments with DeployHub’s Engine
- Version Jumps and Tracking
- Blogs on Microservice Configuration Management