Use DeployHub WebSphere Actions for Deploying Jars, Ears, Wars
WebSphere Actions are supported by DeployHub to automate WebSphere continuous deployments. DeployHub addresses both the tasks for deploying WebSphere applications and controlling the steps related to installing and maintaining the WebSphere application servers themselves.
In addition, DeployHub can include non-WebSphere based components, such as a database update as part of the release process. This is a step that WebSphere alone cannot do as the database is outside of the WebSphere Framework.
Features for Deploying a WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
The most common type of WebSphere release is deploying a WebSphere Enterprise application (Jar/War/Ear) to an application server node. DeployHub includes pre-defined Actions that simplifies your software installation. These actions support the installing, configuring, and uninstalling of WAS applications. Actions include:
- Deploying to a running instance of WAS . Deploying to a running instance of WAS is the simplest method for updating your WAS application. Pre-defined Actions will deliver your application changes with minimum impact on the WAS server. DeployHub includes ‘Actions’ that are pre-defined for managing WAS applications and maintain WAS Servers. DeployHub will support the more complex releases allowing you to stop the server, uninstall the old application, install the changes and restart the server.</li
- Supports stopping, uninstalling, installing and starting the WAS application as part of the deployment workflow.- Often deployments require more than just moving a new war file out to the application server. DeployHub will support the more complex releases allowing you to stop the server, uninstall the old application, install the changes and restart the server. In addition, you can deploy files and execute scripts or executables on other servers in the same target environment allowing a fully automated deployment in which WAS is only a part.
- Support for deploying to Horizontal or Vertical Clusters – DeployHub can support deployments where multiple instances of WAS may be running on the same machine (vertical clusters) or where there are multiple physical machines on which to deploy (horizontal clusters).
- Support for node, cell, and server level deployments DeployHub can support your high-availability WAS architecture supporting multiple nodes and cells.
Standard DeployHub WebSphere Actions include:
- Deploys to a running instance of WAS
- Supports stopping, uninstalling, installing and starting the WAS application as part of the deployment workflow
- Support for deploying to Horizontal or Vertical Clusters
- Support for node, cell, and server level deployments
- Support for pre-compiling JSPs on WAS during deployment or disabling JSP reloading
- Delay the starting of an application after deployment
- Detection of existing deployed application
- Support for z/OS
Benefits of DeployHub to the WebSphere User
- Deploy to WAS as part of a larger deployment of multiple components
- Same deployment logic regardless of target environment complexity
- Database roll forward/roll back
- Calendar Functionality – Schedule automatic deployments and reserve environments for deployments
- Domain model allows for separation of roles and responsibilities
- SDLC Model
- Approval gates between stages of the development life-cycle
DeployHub’s Key Features
- Blueprint your application’s logical view
- Publish and Catalog Microservices
- Version Microservice Configurations
- Release and Track Microservices
- Manage Database Deployments
- Microservice Configuration Management Blogs
- What is Configuration Management?
- How to Navigate the Deathstar
- Working with Helm for your Microservices Releases
- On Versioning your Container Content
- Versioning Lambda Functions
- How to Use a Domain Driven Design
- Versioning Applications
- Why we need Application Packages for CD
- Agentless Deployments with DeployHub’s Engine
- Version Jumps and Tracking
- How are Microservices and Applications Related?
- FREE Team Sign-up – A hosted version deploys to unlimited endpoints by unlimited users.
- Get Involved in the OS Project –Co-create the best, open source continuous deployment platform available.
Even More Reading!