Help on using Websphere Wsadmin.
This post covers how to retrieve a cell name from WebSphere wsadmin. I’ve been posting about supporting WebSphere with Release Engineer for all our WebSphere customers. With Release Engineer you can define a software deployment workflow – or logic – that uses external tools such as wsadmin. While some of our users are wsadmin gurus, others are new to calling wsadmin in headless mode to complete these types of tasks.
Below is the code:
Get a cell name from Websphere[code] cells = AdminConfig.list(“Cell” )
cells = wsadminToList(cells)
cellName = cells.split(‘(‘) [/code]
AdminConfig.list will return all defined cells. Typically people just use one cell. wsadminToList will create an array of cells. We take the first one from the array and then pull the name from the details.
DeployHub’s Key Features
- Blueprint your application’s logical view
- Publish and Catalog Microservices
- Version Microservice Configurations
- Release and Track Microservices
- Manage Database Deployments
- Microservice Configuration Management Blogs
- What is Configuration Management?
- How to Navigate the Deathstar
- Working with Helm for your Microservices Releases
- On Versioning your Container Content
- Versioning Lambda Functions
- How to Use a Domain Driven Design
- Versioning Applications
- Why we need Application Packages for CD
- Agentless Deployments with DeployHub’s Engine
- Version Jumps and Tracking
- How are Microservices and Applications Related?